Author Topic: Using Shade3D with official models from Japanese anime  (Read 5934 times)

ibr_remote

• View Profile
Using Shade3D with official models from Japanese anime
« on: October 18, 2015, 07:12:04 PM »
Knights of Sidonia (  シドニアの騎士 ) is a Japanese anime series, and they have official 3D models of all their characters available commercially until end of 2015.  One of the models I got from them, is the PMD format of their character Kunato.  I used Shade3D to change the Japanese name parts into UTF-8 so that the exported FBX version can be read in Poser without crashing ! My target is to use the official models in Poser for fan art ( non-commercial fan art is allowed in the terms of use).  I also found Shade3D useful to extract the eyeballs of the figure.  For some reason, these were not logically separated in the FBX and could not be used inside Poser.  So, I found Shade3D specially useful for this situation.

( Please note that I processed the official PMD file inside Blender first, created the FBX file, then went into Shade3D for edit and check.)

My renders show the results for the Tsugumori giant mech cockpit, and for the figures of scientist Ochiai, hero Tanikaze, and industrialist Kunato.

ibr_remote

• View Profile
Re: Using Shade3D with official models from Japanese anime
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 02:16:07 AM »
I finally fixed his eyes !! 

sunny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Using Shade3D with official models from Japanese anime
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
Awesome!