Author Topic: User Program Requests  (Read 16860 times)

ajf412

• View Profile
User Program Requests
« on: December 14, 2014, 10:03:06 AM »
This is a list of the community's Shade 3D software requests.  Please post replies of requests you would like to see implemented in Shade 3D.  I am not employed by Shade 3D.  This is just my thread of requests that I open up to the community to add to, so they can have a list at their finger tips.  This list will be updated through edits to the original post.  Please use pictures/screenshots where they will help the developers understand your request.

Poly Modeling Requests
-Vertex Target Weld:  Take one vertex, and move/weld it to another vertex.  This keeps the position of the targeted vertex unmoved. (a must for optimizing, when you don't want a vertex to move from its position)
-Editable current selection information box:  Editable coordinates for selection (eg. vertex placement).  Currently, you must know your position, where you want it, and then do the math to figure out how far you want to move it, rather than just inputting the coordinates of where you want it to be.
-Rotation option for torus creation.  If you make a U 20 V 4 torus, you always have an edge on top, bottom, inside, outside.  If we could rotate the torus 45 degrees, then we could have polys on the top, bottom, inside, outside.

-Cylinder creation:  Currently, mesh cylinders are created with a single face on top and bottom and these need to be rebuilt into quads every time a cylinder is created.  On creation, cylinders should have triangles going to the center, and quads to every circle within the face.  This, alongside being able to delete edges without deleting faces (see above) would allow for easy quad retopology by just deleting every other edge between the triangles in the center.

[/color]  "Select Nth Pattern"  "Select Next Loop"  "Select Previous Loop"
-Lathe tool modifier for poly meshes:  Modify the mesh to input lathing options.

General Modeling Requests
-Multilevel path or surface replicators:  If you start nesting replicators one inside another, it ends up getting buggy. Lets say we create a replicator for the branches, and then other replicators for the sub-branches, and then other replicators for the leaves. Trunc/Replicator/branches/replicator/Smaller branches/replicator/leaves This way modelling a couple of geometries you could build a tree.
-Smoothing Groups:  Choose individual polys per smoothing group, instead of setting a threshold for an entire polymesh.  See 3DS Max.
-TextEffector Text Support.  Ability to change language within plugin (eg. English - Japanese kanji)

Materials/Textures/UV Work
-PBR Materialshttp://www.codinglabs.net/article_physically_based_rendering.aspx On Shade 3D's wishlist
-Texture Baking:  Baking the normal maps from high poly to the low poly mesh is a big one!  Baking diffuse textures to the low poly is also very helpful for using 3rd party programs, like dDo.
-Material Node Tree/Flow Graph:  Visual connectivity for materials.  Examples include 3ds Max and Unreal Engine.

-Open Line UV Seams:  The industry's standard face UV is to have an open seam from the top of the forehead down to the back of the neck, and around the neck.  Currently not possible with Shade's requirement for closed line seams.
-Displacement Maps:  Requesting 16 bit displacement maps.  8 bit maps are too coarse.
-SBSAR File Plugin:  Allegorithmic substance file.  Common software used for model texturing. (see PBR). www.allegorithmic.com
-OpenGL texture size support up to 4096 (now maximum is 1024)
-Ability to turn off texture filtering (point filtering) per texture, globally and in UV editor.
-Pixel snap in UV editor.  Snap vertex to texture pixel.

Animation
-Previous/Next keyframe shadows/onionskin for animation. (see Messiah Studio)

Rendering
-Return of the old Compo Joint we had with Shade and it's Callisto Renderer.
-Multiple Importance Sampling:  Please implement.  (Being internally tested already)
-Rendering time remaining:  Time left of the current render.

Import/Export
-.dxf format   .dxf importer/exporter support splines and not only poly lines.
-Alembic format exporthttp://www.alembic.io/

User Interface
-Customizable parameter/tool options. (see 3ds Max)  Great for animation controls.
-Changing the "Base" color in Preferences/Colors to any color and not only from Black/Grey to White.
-Maya controls.
-Pan hotkey.  Ability to pan left, right, up, and down based on view.  Currently, you have to click on the 4 arrows in the viewport window's toolbox, but the up and down move you vertically up and down, rather than pan up and down based on the viewport.  Mouse+hotkey support would be a massive time saver.
-Control cage options for sub-div.  Make it visible/not visible.
-Edge/Face loop select with double-click.  Please make optional in preferences.

Software Requests
-GoZ bridge:  Interaction with Zbrush.
-Linux version.
-Update license to allow installation on a desktop as well as a laptop, as long as only one is being used at a time, so that we can have Shade on the go.

Other Requests
-"Slash Face on Edge" "Edge Loop Slice":  Please make program and manual match commands.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:40:13 AM by ajf412 »

sunny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: User Program Requests
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »
Thank you for organizing a list of requests for us. Some of them we may get improve in the future version of Shade 3D. They are very helpful for us.

ajf412

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 09:05:14 AM »
It is outstanding to know that the requests are being seen and considered for implementation.

ajf412

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:18:58 AM »
Added request to add SBSAR file plugin to work with Allegorithmic software.

Stefan

• View Profile
    • My 3D doodles
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 11:53:28 PM »
Hi Sunny and all,

as a rendering enhancement i would like to see MIS (Multiple Importance Sampling) implemented in a future version of Shade. My image shows in the upper without MIS and at the lower with MIS, which results in a nicely detailed shadow and not much color tinting from an HDRI image.

(Requires of course the usage of good HDRI's)

Best regards
Stefan
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:02:49 AM by Stefan »
my 3D doodles
My GnuPG public key:
fingerprint: BBA3 194A C81F B18E 70A8  8149 D4C6 F821 18DB 4986
available at: https://keybase.io/stefan_claas

sunny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 12:55:29 AM »
Let see some test images from our internal implementation version (with Ray Tracing only, no G.I.). Upper one rendered without Importance Sampling. and lower one with I.S. enabled.

Stefan

• View Profile
    • My 3D doodles
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 02:34:35 AM »
Oh, what a difference, really nice!  :)

Regards
Stefan
my 3D doodles
My GnuPG public key:

ajf412

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 01:14:41 AM »
Added MIS with statement that it's already being internally tested.

ajf412

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 05:06:19 AM »
Added request for smoothing groups.

Stefan

• View Profile
    • My 3D doodles
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 06:58:04 PM »
Hi all,

two little features i would like to see are that the .dxf importer/exporter supports splines and not only poly lines and as rendering enhancement it would be nice if Shade could tell us the remaining time a render takes.

Regards
Stefan
my 3D doodles
My GnuPG public key:

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 09:40:35 AM »
+1 on render times
Maya controls (my first ten spots on my wishlist)
Proper modelling perspective window (as opposed to perspective camera, which suffers from gimbal lock/ snapping weirdness when rotating around mesh)
General gui improvements (perhaps just copy silo for modelling, that will bring in new users ;))
Soft selections
Alembic export
Option for control cage collapsed over sub-d surface

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:25:08 AM by Ben »

bojlahg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 01:23:35 PM »
Some features that could be useful for game dev:
OpenGL texture size support up to 4096 (now maximum is 1024)
Ability to turn off texture filtering (point filtering) per texture, globally and in UV editor.
Ability to turn on pixel snap in UV Editor.

sunny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 02:48:39 PM »
Thanks for all the requests. We don't know how far we can make your requests come true, but this is definitely a good place to look at when we plan to implement new features.

ibr_remote

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 07:17:12 PM »
I am making 3D text of Japanese words which I have to copy and paste into Shade3D workspace (My computer is Winodws 8.1 English language system). Everytime I need to change the font to get the Japanese text inside the Tools | Create | Primitive | Text panel. Is there any way to fix the font type I am working with, without having to change my OS language ?

sunny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 07:26:41 PM »
I am making 3D text of Japanese words which I have to copy and paste into Shade3D workspace (My computer is Winodws 8.1 English language system). Everytime I need to change the font to get the Japanese text inside the Tools | Create | Primitive | Text panel. Is there any way to fix the font type I am working with, without having to change my OS language ?

Unfortunately, you have to do that under the current specification.