Author Topic: Shade 3D v19  (Read 710 times)

mperdue

• View Profile
Shade 3D v19
« on: December 28, 2018, 01:09:54 AM »
I just watched the video of version 19 and noticed that the menus were in English. Does that mean we'll be getting an English version of this product?

adamkuczek

• Visual storyteller
    • View Profile
    • AK-ART
Re: Shade 3D v19
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 09:41:33 PM »
There is an English version of Shade3D v19 but it's terribly overpriced and subscription-only now (~$900 for Pro version per year). The new owner of Shade doesn't seem to give crap about existing English speaking user-base, we didn't get any chance for decent upgrade or a discount for already having v16 version (which was the last English one). At this point, I think not many people are still going to use it. 

Stefan

• View Profile
    • My 3D doodles
Re: Shade 3D v19
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 02:02:04 AM »
I noticed on Twitter that a lot of Japanese users seems to have switched to Blender as main DCC app and i have seen also that MoI becomes more and more popular amongst Japanese users. No wonder, Blender is free and super powerful and MoI as a NURBS modeling app is much easier to use than Shade with its legacy Curved Surface modeling technique and its new NURBS features. Due to the new licensing model of Shade it is no longer interesting to buy a yearly subscription at that price, if you can get for the same amount a perpetual ZBrush license, etc. for example.
my 3D doodles
My GnuPG public key:
fingerprint: BBA3 194A C81F B18E 70A8  8149 D4C6 F821 18DB 4986
available at: https://keybase.io/stefan_claas