Author Topic: Shade3D x Poser X Pepakura  (Read 5291 times)

ibr_remote

• View Profile
Shade3D x Poser X Pepakura
« on: May 02, 2015, 03:07:15 AM »
I used Shade3D to model a high-resolution mesh of an Anime-style Ball-Joint Doll, with the objective of using it inside Poser, as well as to process using Pepakura  to create papercraft templates for real world 1/3 scale doll.  It turns out I needed to reduce the polygon count of the mesh for papercrafting purpose, so now I have a low-resolution version as well.  As for the Poser figure, I rigged it using weight mesh after I had completed the modelling in Shade3D.

I am showing the high resolution version which was modelled in Shade3D and rigged in Poser, the low-resolution version using Shade3D Polygon reduction function for individual parts, and an example of the papercraft template of the back of the head, for my real-world Doll.

sunny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Shade3D x Poser X Pepakura
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 02:18:50 PM »
Interesting. So how did you bring your Shade model to Poser ? Through OBJ or other formats ?

ibr_remote

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 07:09:26 PM »
I use OBJ format, because it is the one I can control best for downstream processes.  Thanks for reading !

sunny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 07:46:49 PM »
I enjoyed to read your message and hope you could share more with your experiences between Shade 3D and Poser for our community. Thanks!

ibr_remote

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 12:24:14 AM »
Thank you !